Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How To Accessorize For A Wedding: A Black Tie Affair




This Memorial Weekend one of my best friends had the most amazing wedding.  It was literally a fairy tale wedding!  

It was a Black Tie Wedding held at the Taglyan Complex, home of the 2014 Oscar Suite and Party, so of course I had to find the most fabulous floor-length dress to glam up with beautiful jewels from my jewelry collection!





           Because my dress had so much bling, I decided to ditch the necklace and wear my dress with a           simple pair of stud earrings from my Tanya Kara Collection along with a beautiful bracelet and ring. So fab!

      Remember, when accessorizing an already glamorous, blingy dress, it is best to keep the jewels far from    one another.  For example, in my instance, there was a lot of bling in my chest area, so I paired my dress                 with a large Cubic Zirconia Statement Ring and Crystal Encrusted Statement Bracelet still matching                                                     my dress, but not making it an overkill.  







What I Wore, Who I Wore:
Dress: Ashley Lauren (Find It Here)
Bracelet: Tanya Kara Jewelry (Find It Here)
Ring: Tanya Kara Jewelry (Find It Here)
Jeweled Clutch: Tanya Kara Jewelry (Find It Here) 
Earrings: Tanya Kara Jewelry (Find It Here)
Nails By: Glo Nail Bar, Costa Mesa, CA (Follow them on IG here)
Lipstick: Urban Decay Anarchy (Find It Here)


"The Diva Clutch" from my Tanya Kara Collection was the absolute best choice I could have made for a clutch.  It was a great match to accessorize my dress PLUS it was so easy to carry, holding my lipstick, cell phone and ID/CC's!  






This Urban Decay "Anarchy" lipstick was truly a trooper!  It stayed on all night long.  I would reapply my lipstick just out of habit however, even if I didn't it was literally staying on all day and night!  This is definitely one of my go-to lipsticks now, especially when I have a long day ahead.



...and of course with the fashionable man in my life, he surprised me by taking my dress and buying matching tuxedos for the family!  I thought this was the cutest thing ever!  So we attended the wedding as a matching family adding a pop of color to the event!



What He Wore, Who He Wore:
Tuxedo: Hugo Boss (find similar here)
Tie: Fuchsia Skinny Tie (find similar here)

Instead of a bow-tie Chris wore a silk skinny tie with a matching pocket square.  Yes, you can wear a tie instead of a bow-tie to a black-tie event, but you have to ditch the commerbund and replace the traditional wing collar shirt with a turndown collar shirt.  

If you are going to go with an off-color (non-black tie) make sure the pocket square matches the tie and is a simple square.  No fancy designs or ruffles. Make sure you have a simple elegant square fold.  No puff or staircase folding.

Lastly, make sure not to wear studs on the shirt and the cuff links should match the color of your tie.  Cuff links are a must!

Chris is one of the best-dressed men I know!  You can follow him on IG by clicking here.




Congratulations to my friends Karin and Arthur! May you two have the most  blessed and amazing years ahead!!


I wish you all an amazing day and thank you SO MUCH for reading. I love you guys :)

xoxo,

Tanya Kara

No comments: