Friday, July 18, 2014

#DineLA Week at Ocean & Vine


Ocean & Vine Restaurant: Santa Monica
Restaurant Review

dineLA Restaraunt Week is here!  dineLA is one my favorite times of the year!  It is "a 14-day dining event showcasing Los Angeles as a premier dining destination, highlighting the diversity of culinary experiences L.A. has to offer. Locals and visitors have the opportunity to enjoy a selection of specially priced prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus from some of L.A.’s best restaurants." (click here to read more about dineLA)




Me and the hubby headed over to Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel (which is an AMAZING must-visit hotel) where the Ocean & Vine Restaurant is located.



Ocean & Vine Restaraunt was an amazing pick for dineLA week.  I primarily chose this restaurant because of the beautiful view I saw online.  The customer service was EXCELLENT A++.  Every single person went above and beyond to accommodate us, and the view was to die for!  We chose to sit in the patio where we over-looked Santa Monica Pier, the ocean and the sunset.


We started off with a bread basket which offered a wide variety of bread. I LOVE trying out the bread at restaurants and I have to say, the bread at Ocean & Vine Restaraunt is super yummy.

 Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
We chose the Yellow Tomato Gazpacho Tomato Sorbet as one of our appetizers which came with tortilla chips and guacamole.  We didn't really like this dish and wouldn't recommend it primarily because it is a very cold soup and did not have a lot of flavor.

Compressed Watermelon Appetizer
We also had the Compressed Watermelon Appetizer which was a delicious stack of watermelon and feta cheese, topped with a micro herb salad (a very refreshing minty taste) along with white balsamic.  I really liked this appetizer.  The salad on top gave the appetizer a really amazing touch.  Growing up with a strong Armenian influence, I love eating fruits, feta cheese and mint together so I really loved this!


Tarragon Tiger Shrimp
For dinner we had the Tarragon Tiger Shrimp dish which came with a DELICIOUS Lobster Risotto, sweet corn, garden peas and fennel pollen.  This dish was just so tasty, I would DEFINITELY recommend this as my top pick out of their dineLA menu.  The lobster risotto was the best risotto I had ever had.


 California Vineyard Smoked Beef Tenderloin
We also had the California Vineyard Smoked Beef Tenderloin, medium-well, which was so amazing.  It was sitting on top of a sun-dried tomato risotto and it was served with a side of asparagus.  The asparagus was so sweet and juicy and the beef was cooked to perfection.  I loved this dish as well! This would be my second pick on the dineLA menu.

  Hazelnut Crunch Brownie Cake
This dessert was super yummy.  The marshmallows on top were a great touch and I really liked the hazelnut cake with the raspberries.  It was a really good and flavorful combination but the #1 pick goes to.......

  Coconut Creme Brulee
This dessert was probably one of the best desserts I've ever had.  I'm not really a fan of non-chocolate desserts BUT this dish was amazing!  A MUST-TRY.  I would go to Ocean & Vine just for this dessert! Super yummy!


Ocean & Vine did such a great job that they earned themselves a new repeat customer!  I really loved everything about this place.  Once we were done eating we walked around the hotel and took this picture above.  

I love that you can sit around the bon fires and hang out, watching the Santa Monica Pier and ocean.  Check this place out...you won't be dissapointed!

Overall I give this restaraunt A+++

Ocean & Vine at Loews Santa Monica Hotel
17000 Ocean Ave. 
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 576-3180


Let me know if you go and how you like it!

xoxo,



No comments: