Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Palm Springs Vacation Day 1 & Day 2


I was so lucky to spend this past weekend at one of my favorite vacation spots for a girls weekend to get away, relax and reflect on life.  We stayed at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa which was voted one of the Best Hotels in the U.S. and Best Spas in the World, (voted by Travel + Leisure).



This hotel is a MUST-VISIT whether you are a group of friends that want to have fun, a couple that wants a getaway or a family looking for a fun summer vacation!


DAY 1

When we arrived, I was so impressed by the beautiful scenery outside of the hotel. There is a beautiful golf course around the property, beautiful flowers, an endless amount of palm trees, all giving me such a calming and welcoming feeling to this beautiful resort.


One of my favorite things about my arrival to the hotel were the beautiful flamingos creating such a unique welcome as we drove up.


Right when we got to the hotel, after checking in, we walked around a bit to check out our home for the next 3 days.  We were also really hungry so at the same time we were looking for a nice place to eat dinner on our first night there.


The most amazing part of this hotel is that they have a huge lake that surrounds the hotel.  

We were so happily surprised to find out that the hotel offered a free duffy ride to the restaurant of our choice on this beautiful lake, so we decided to ride it!  [Make sure you make reservations to the restaurant you want to visit before going on the duffy boat so they know where to take you.]



The duffy boat driver was so nice.  He gave us a complimentary tour of the hotel which was great!  I definitely recommend riding the duffy on your first night there so you can see where everything is.




After our ride, the boat driver dropped us off at the Rockwood Grill for dinner.  We chose this restaurant because that night they had a $38 all you can eat Prime Rib, Crab and Shrimp buffet.  They only offer this on Friday and Saturday nights, so if you are in town those nights, I highly recommend it!





I started off my yummy dinner with a plate of King Crab, Shrimp and a Shrimp Salad all of which was amazing.  The crab was so tasty and easy to eat and the sauces were to die for.



My second plate consisted of Prime Rib, a Broccoli Almond dish and a piece of lamb, again all of which was amazing.


Here is a picture of my friend's plate of pasta.  The buffet also includes a pasta station where a chef can create a pasta dish of your choice!  I tasted her pasta and it was really good.



Dessert was absolutely AMAZING.  As you can see I really over did it and enjoyed it all.  The dessert was very high quality.  I can tell that they used high end chocolate and ingredients creating amazing tasting desserts.


Don't judge me! :P I love dessert!!!!!

After dinner we headed over to Costa's, the club on site at the resort which was really fun.  The admission was free, the music was pretty diverse, and the vibe was very upbeat and fun.
_________________________________________________

DAY 2
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa Vacation
-Palm Desert-


I woke up to this beautiful view!  The moment I stepped out of my room it was extremely hot and I couldn't wait until we got to the pool!


It was super helpful that they had a Starbucks inside the hotel!  


Again, this resort is absolutely breathtaking and luxurious.  The water that surrounds the hotel along with the beautiful palm trees create an unduplicatable experience and vacation.




We hung out most of the day at the Oasis Pool.  Right when we walked in there was some fun upbeat music playing and LOTS of people in the pool.  We were mostly there to relax so we walked over to the "family pool" which was separated from the fun party pool and we had an awesome time.


We laid out most of the day to get our tan on.  The Oasis pool also has a bar which served food as well.  Servers would occasionally check on us and even took our orders so we didn't even have to get up!  This was super helpful, especially if you want snacks or food and don't want to leave the pool.





Tomorrow I will post my Day 3 post which will feature our visit to the largest spa in the US, the JW Marriott Desert Springs spa.  It was QUITE the experience!

To read more about this resort visit click here!

I highly recommend this as one of your vacation spots this summer! It will be an amazing experience! I give this hotel 5/5 stars!

xoxo,




No comments: