Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sephora Makeup Haul: My Birthday Splurge


Happy Fall, Happy October!  Fall is my favorite season of the year! The weather gets cooler, we get to bring out the boots and sweaters aaaand it's my birthday!  

I am so lucky and blessed that my fiancee sent me on a shopping spree for my birthday.  I spent my birthday at the mall just shopping and buying whatever my little heart desired...perfect birthday for a 9 months pregnant woman!

I bought some hats, winter clothes and winter shoes, but spent a lot of time at Sephora.  I've been so in love with makeup lately.  I've been trying to find the perfect products for my everyday makeup routine so I purchased some must-haves at Sephora that I wanted to share with you guys.  My birthday was last week so I've had a chance to try these out on the daily and review them so I'll let you know what I think below!  Hope you enjoy the post! xo


I'm loving this Palette because it has all the colors I need in one spot.  The quality of the eye shadow is fantastic and it stays on all day.  Exactly what I was looking for. 



Two words....IN LOVE.  I am so picky when it comes to Mascara.  The girls at Sephora were telling me that YSL has some pretty amazing mascara, so I gave this a try.  I've been wearing the Shocking YSL Mascara everyday and I love it.  It literally makes it look like I am wearing fake lashes.  This mascara adds so much volume to my lashes.  A must-have this fall.


I have been looking for a good powder foundation that I can use over my foundation and concealer as a setting powder.  I like my clear setting powder that I use for everyday makeup looks, but sometimes I just want a little bit more coverage!  I HIGHLY recommend this if you are looking for the same.  The Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation is an awesome product to add to your collection. I love the coverage it gives me and you can make it light coverage, or you can work it up to heavy coverage.  This is definitely one of my new staple pieces for nights out, photo shoots, and special occasions.




Sometimes, I have to leave the house at 6:30am, and I don't stop working until 5 or 6pm with no time in between to sit and reapply my makeup.  That is why I invested in this puppy, the Makeup For Ever Mist & Fix.  Spray this on your face once your makeup application is complete and this product promises to keep your makeup in place for 12 hours even adding hydration to your skin.  I've had a great experience with this product.  I definitely saw a difference in how long my makeup stays on and will continue to use this even for my everyday makeup on the go days!


Lately I have become such an Urban Decay fan!  Their prices are reasonable and their quality is off the chain!  When baby gets here and I am stuck at home for 2-3 weeks, I am going to dedicate myself to learning how to do some amazing eye shadow fall looks (courtesy of YouTube) so I invested in this Eyeshadow Primer.  I haven't tried it out yet, but will keep you guys posted :)

If you follow my blog you'll always hear my ranting and raving about how much I love my Urban Decay "Anarchy" Lipstick.  It's been one of my go-to lipsticks because it stays on ALL day.  For my birthday, I purchased the same lipstick in the "Obsessed" color and I love the color but it doesn't stay on all day like the "Anarchy" color does.  I'm guessing because "Anarchy" is such a bright highly pigmented color and "Obsessed" is more of a light baby pink color.  Regardless I still love it, but not my go-to stays on all day lipstick.



This is hands down one of the best items I purchased in my birthday makeup splurge!!! Props to Anastasia because she knows what she is doing.  I've tried out a couple different brow powders and they've been okay but this one REALLY stays on all day and gives me the ability to shape my brows however I want, still giving my brows a natural look.  Anastasia's brow powder duo is my #1 recommended item out of this entire blog post.   



Here is #2 recommendation from this post as a must-have.  I've been using NYX Liner which looks great for the first few hours, but then smudges, so I was on the lookout for something more long-lasting.  I saw blogger Dulce Candy's YT Video about this product and it totally sold me so I had to get it!  I've been wearing this product throughout the week and it doesn't smudge AT ALL.  This is my go-to liner and I love love love it! This is a must-have ladies!  Click here to watch her review video, you'll see what I mean.





All in all I'm SO HAPPY with the purchases I made at Sephora.  My make-up game is now on point and I'm so happy I have so many long-lasting makeup products I can turn to.  

As a mom, life can get hectic.  Yes, sometimes I'm like, "heck no I am not wearing make-up today" but I try my best to wake up and make myself look my best every single day because as tired as we can get, and as hard as it is to juggle kids, career, household, family, etc., life is sooo short, we are only young once, so why not look fabulous while doing it all?!

Love you guys. Let me know what you think if you try any of these products! 

xoxo,


No comments: